NOTICE TO BIDDERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town Board of the Town of Austerlitz invites sealed proposals for the Construction of two stacked stone retaining walls to stabilize stream banks on Dugway Road, in Austerlitz, New York, as set forth in contract documents, including drawings and specifications, prepared by CPL Architecture, Engineering, Planning and Surveying, 64 Green Street, Hudson, NY 12534.
All such sealed proposals must be received by the Town Clerk at the Town Hall, 816 Route 213, P.O. Box 238, Spencertown, NY 12165 on or before 10:00 a.m. February 28, 2023, at which time the bids will be publicly opened and read aloud.
All proposals shall be made and received upon the following conditions, which are more fully set forth in the bid documents:
1. Only such proposals as are made and filed upon the forms available in the office of the Town Clerk will be accepted.
2. Proposals are to be enclosed in a sealed envelope.
3. Each proposal must be accompanied by a certified check in the sum of five percent (5%) of the amount bid, payable to the order of the Town of Austerlitz, or a bond with sufficient sureties, to be approved by the Supervisor, as Chief Financial Officer, in such amount, conditioned that if the proposal is accepted, the bidder will enter into a contract for the same and will provide acceptable security, in the form of cash, certified check or performance bonds, or letters of credit, as set forth in the contract documents, for the faithful performance of the contract, within 15 days from the acceptance of the proposal.
4. Pursuant to the provisions of GML 105, no bids may be withdrawn unless no contract is awarded for more than 45 days after the opening thereof. Upon such proper withdrawal of bid, the deposit shall be forthwith returned. After award of the contract, all bid deposits or other bid bonds except that of the successful bidder will be returned.
5. Upon acceptance of the bid, if the successful bidder fails to enter into a contract pursuant to the requirements of said Town Board or fails to give the further security prescribed in this notice within the time noted herein, then the check deposited as aforesaid, and the moneys standing to the credit of the same shall be forfeited to the Town as liquidated damages and not as a penalty and the Supervisor shall collect the same or enforce the payment of the bond for the benefit of the Town.
6. All bids shall contain the non-collusion certificate in a form meeting the requirements of GML 103-d.
The Town Board reserves the right, in its discretion, to waive technical noncompliance or irregularities that are not material or substantial, and to reject all bids and to rebid the project.
By order of the Town Board
Dated: January 12, 2023
Susan Haag, Town Clerk